Today, we learned how writers create a clear line of reasoning by connecting a claim, evidence, commentary, and conclusion. Which part of building an argument is most challenging for you, and why?

Prompt: Today, we learned how writers create a clear line of reasoning by connecting a claim, evidence, commentary, and conclusion. Which part of building an argument is most challenging for you, and why?

Prompt Response: Evidence is the most challenging part of building an argument for me. I can usually think of something that I can use as evidence but have trouble putting it into words or finding a specific example. If I don't have many experiences or observations finding evidence can be difficult. I can think of readings but typically can't cite where they're from. I should probably read more and watch the news so I have recent readings I can remember.

Summary: In class today, we went over why our writable assignments got low scores and how we can change that.

Reflection: I can improve my writing by making a stronger conclusion that is not just a restatement of my claim.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

After reviewing the feedback on your argument essay, identify one thing you did well and one area you need to improve. Explain what you will do differently the next time you write an AP Lang argument essay.

Describe one thing that makes you different from other people.

How has living in or around Atlanta influenced the way you see your community, culture, or identity? If you were speaking to someone unfamiliar with Atlanta, what would you want them to understand about your community?