How has living in or around Atlanta influenced the way you see your community, culture, or identity? If you were speaking to someone unfamiliar with Atlanta, what would you want them to understand about your community?

Prompt: How has living in or around Atlanta influenced the way you see your community, culture, or identity? If you were speaking to someone unfamiliar with Atlanta, what would you want them to understand about your community?

Prompt Response: Living in Atlanta has influenced the way I see my community by giving me many different perspectives. Within a 10 minute drive of my house I can see very rich neighborhoods littered with mansions or poor tenement housing. The area I live in is also very diverse ethnically. Being surrounded by very different people and hearing their opinions everyday, lets me see topics from multiple different viewpoints. If I was speaking to someone unfamiliar with Atlanta, I would want them to know we live in a place full of contingencies and it is hard to come across one singular correct answer for a question regarding Atlanta.

Summary: Today in class, we analyzed the rhetorical situation of Keisha Lance Bottom's "Go Home" speech. We learned about how she set up her argument to be convincing to the specific audience that she targeted.

Reflection: I find it interesting how she made a very convincing argument on the spot without a script.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

After reviewing the feedback on your argument essay, identify one thing you did well and one area you need to improve. Explain what you will do differently the next time you write an AP Lang argument essay.

Describe one thing that makes you different from other people.