Think about your practice with the “So What?” method today. What is one thing you understand about commentary now that you did not fully understand before? How will you apply it when writing your next AP Lang argument?

Prompt: Think about your practice with the “So What?” method today. What is one thing you understand about commentary now that you did not fully understand before? How will you apply it when writing your next AP Lang argument?

Prompt Response: One thing I understand about commentary now that I did not fully understand before, is that I have to explain why the evidence is significant and not just what it means. The meaning of a piece of evidence doesn't matter if that evidence has no value. I learned how to deduce the value of evidence and further meanings of it from context clues. I will apply this when writing my next AP Lang assignment by explaining to the reader why my reasons are important. If the reader thinks my findings are important then they will think my argument is stronger than it might actually be.

Summary: In class today we practiced the "So What?' part of commentary.

Reflection: I need to take a little bit of time to plan out my commentary before I start writing.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

After reviewing the feedback on your argument essay, identify one thing you did well and one area you need to improve. Explain what you will do differently the next time you write an AP Lang argument essay.

Describe one thing that makes you different from other people.

How has living in or around Atlanta influenced the way you see your community, culture, or identity? If you were speaking to someone unfamiliar with Atlanta, what would you want them to understand about your community?