Talk about a time when you had to write a poem, whether it was for an assignment, event, or special occasion. What was the writing process like for you, and were you proud of the finished product?

Prompt: Talk about a time when you had to write a poem, whether it was for an assignment, event, or special occasion. What was the writing process like for you, and were you proud of the finished product?

Prompt Response: I had to write a haiku once for a school assignment. The writing process consisted of figuring out what a haiku was and then trying to find words with the right amount of syllables. I didn't care how the poem turned out, because I was only doing it for a grade. When I was done I wasn't very proud of the finished product because it didn't have any real meaning behind it.

Summary: Today in class we learned how to analyze a poem.

Reflection: Analyzing poems and figuring out the meaning behind them is difficult for me because they use so much figurative language.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

After reviewing the feedback on your argument essay, identify one thing you did well and one area you need to improve. Explain what you will do differently the next time you write an AP Lang argument essay.

Describe one thing that makes you different from other people.

How has living in or around Atlanta influenced the way you see your community, culture, or identity? If you were speaking to someone unfamiliar with Atlanta, what would you want them to understand about your community?