Some students look at a rubric only after receiving their grade, while others use it as a guide while completing the assignment. Which approach do you usually take? After reviewing the AP Lang Argument Essay rubric today, explain how you could use the rubric as a roadmap to improve your argument writing.

Prompt: Some students look at a rubric only after receiving their grade, while others use it as a guide while completing the assignment. Which approach do you usually take? After reviewing the AP Lang Argument Essay rubric today, explain how you could use the rubric as a roadmap to improve your argument writing.

Prompt Response: I take neither of these approaches, I usually don't look at the rubric of an assignment. I could use the rubric as a roadmap to improve my argument writing by looking at specific ways to get points of my AP Lang Argument Essay. I'll plan my essay for about five minutes, and then write a three sentence introduction as to not waste time. I'll make sure that I follow the paragraph format with a claim, two pieces of evidence, and commentary. I'll try to get the sophistication point, but that will be the hardest point. I'm going to focus on getting the easy points.

Summary: Today in class, we made a claim and evidence chart to help us write our essay tomorrow. 

Reflection: It is much easier to write about something I have experience in than something I don't.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

After reviewing the feedback on your argument essay, identify one thing you did well and one area you need to improve. Explain what you will do differently the next time you write an AP Lang argument essay.

Describe one thing that makes you different from other people.

How has living in or around Atlanta influenced the way you see your community, culture, or identity? If you were speaking to someone unfamiliar with Atlanta, what would you want them to understand about your community?