In “Missing Your People,” Tracy Brower explains the importance of belonging. Describe a time when you felt like you truly belonged. What created that feeling?

Prompt: In “Missing Your People,” Tracy Brower explains the importance of belonging. Describe a time when you felt like you truly belonged. What created that feeling?

Prompt Response: A time when I felt like I truly belonged was playing lacrosse for Lakeside my freshman year. I played on the team in 8th grade, so I already knew a lot of the upperclassmen and most of the players in my grade were my friends. Additionally my brother was a senior on the team and he took me to practice and all the meals after the games. I made varsity that year and we won a playoff game. I felt like I truly belonged because I was succeeding in something I put a lot of effort into while being surrounded by people I was close to.

Summary: In class today, we read and answered question in CommonLit about an article which stressed the importance of belonging.

Reflection: I agree with the author, a sense of belonging is very important to the well-being of people.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

After reviewing the feedback on your argument essay, identify one thing you did well and one area you need to improve. Explain what you will do differently the next time you write an AP Lang argument essay.

Describe one thing that makes you different from other people.

How has living in or around Atlanta influenced the way you see your community, culture, or identity? If you were speaking to someone unfamiliar with Atlanta, what would you want them to understand about your community?