Write about something that you believed as a child.

Prompt: Write about something that you believed as a child.

Prompt Response: As a child I used to believe in the Easter Bunny. Every Easter Sunday my brother and I would wake up at the crack of dawn and go to our yard to look for our Easter eggs. Then we would go to my cousins' house and do an Easter egg hunt there. Once I got older I stopped believing in the Easter bunny and stopped caring about getting candy. Eventually, I started celebrating Easter for what it's really about.

Summary: Today in class, we discussed the three types of claims which are fact, value, and policy. Then we did an activity where we had to make a list of 5 or more criteria to evaluate a claim of value on a topic.

Reflection: I should start using criteria to evaluate claims of value, especially when it involves sports.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

After reviewing the feedback on your argument essay, identify one thing you did well and one area you need to improve. Explain what you will do differently the next time you write an AP Lang argument essay.

Describe one thing that makes you different from other people.

How has living in or around Atlanta influenced the way you see your community, culture, or identity? If you were speaking to someone unfamiliar with Atlanta, what would you want them to understand about your community?