Think of a time when you tried to persuade someone to agree with you, change their mind, or do something you wanted. What were you trying to persuade them to do or believe? How did you use ethos, pathos, or logos to persuade them? Which appeal was most effective and why?
Prompt: Think of a time when you tried to persuade someone to agree with you, change their mind, or do something you wanted. What were you trying to persuade them to do or believe? How did you use ethos, pathos, or logos to persuade them? Which appeal was most effective and why?
Prompt Response: When I was in elementary school I persuaded my parents to buy me a computer. I used pathos to convince my mom because she is emotionally oriented. I told her something along the lines of it was the only thing I wanted. I used logos to persuade my dad because I knew he would listen to logic and reasoning. I convinced him that it would help me with computer literacy, productivity, and school work. Logos was the most effective appeal because my Dad was compelled by the facts of how getting me a computer could benefit me in the future.
Summary: Today in class, we presented the origins of our names and discussed how we would use logos, ethos, and pathos to persuade people depending on the audience.
Reflection: Pathos, ethos, and logos are sticking with me better now. I feel like I'll be able to accurately choose which method something is using the most on a test.
Comments
Post a Comment